Chateau Lafon-Rochet

Lafon-Rochet is located next to Cos d’Estournel and Château Lafite and can trace its history back to the 16th Century. Named as a fourth growth in 1855, it remained in the same family until 1895, after which followed 65 years of turmoil and malaise, under four different owners, so that by 1960 the buildings were dilapidated and the vineyard consisted of just 15 hectares of Merlot. Purchased by Guy Tesseron, a new distinctive yellow château was built and the vineyards increased to 41 hectares, which today are planted with 56% Cabernet Sauvignon, 40% Merlot and 4% Cabernet Franc. It is now run by Michel Tesseron and his son Basile and is noted for the value it offers.