Fattoria San Francesco
Fattoria San Francesco, a former convent, was producing wine in the 16th century and was purchased by the Caparra-Siciliani family in 1777, when the convent was disbanded on royal command. It is still in the same family today. There are 40 hectares of Gaglioppo, Magliocco, and Greco Bianco vines: the classic elements of Calabria’s greatest DOC. The winery is ultra-modern and produces wines with classic Ciro depth of fruit, but with well tamed tannins.