Founded by William and John Graham in 1820, this shipper was highly successful in the 19th century allowing them to buy the Quinta dos Malvedos, one of the Douro’s finest terroirs, in 1890. Scotsman Andrew Symington began working for Graham’s in 1882 before striking out on his own, but his descendants would end up buying the firm in 1970. Malvedos remains the cornerstone of Graham’s vintage ports which are opulent and complex and amongst the greatest. The company also makes some very fine aged tawnies.